Due to the inclement weather that will continue through the morning we are cancelling today's soccer program.
We plan on having a make up day on the 30th Oct and will add that to the program
- Approximately 130 kids registered
- Ages for birth year 2014 or older
- Object of the season is giving kids an opportunity to play outside the normal summer season and have as many kids as want to play. Very casual affair with limited rules and restrictions.
- This is about extending the season this year, giving kids who don't play other sports another avenue and to look at taking it further (or not) for next season
- Please Register to play so we can know how many in each age grouping, if you have registered and decide not to play just let us know.
- No registration fees this season as we trial it
- Flexible format, pickup games style, no hard commitment to play if registered.
- 4 week trial season on Saturday mornings at the Bruce Ave adult field, with option to extend into early November.
- Small-sided teams
- Appropriate soccer gear should be worn (shin guards, cleats, etc.)
- Teams are made each Saturday morning based on who arrives to play in each Group. One team will wear pinnies in each matchup. Volunteers will do their best to adjust unbalanced teams on the fly. No preset teams
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your time to allow for teams to be created.
- Game day check in can be done at a planned tent on the fields or via the Game Check In Form (link located in menu bar and top of this page)
- No "referees", players will take on some ownership of ball out of bounds for throw-ins or kicks. Focus on sportsmanship and fair play.
- Groups are divided by Birth Years
- Expect mixed teams (no boys or girls only), but if enough show up from each we could have girls vs. girls or boys vs. boys.
- Based on the registration numbers the Groups are:
Group 1 - 11:00am to 12:00pm (birth years 2003-2007)
Group 2 - 10:00am to 11:00am (birth years 2008-2010)
Group 3 - 11:00am to 12:00pm (birth years 2011-2012)
Group 4 - 9:00am to 10:00am (birth year 2013)
Group 5 - 9:00am to 10:00am (birth year 2014)
- Be flexible and expect adjustments as we go to refine where needed
- Balls & pinnies/practice vests will be provided for warm-ups and games
No news currently found.
The Timbits Minor Sports Program is a community-oriented sponsorship program that provides opportunities for kids aged four to nine to play house league sports. The philosophy of the program is not based on winning or losing, but on learning a new sport, making new friends, and just being a kid.