In the event of a situation arising that prevents the soccer season form proceeding as scheduled, including but limited to a health pandemic and/or situations of societal unrest, the executive would then be authorized to make decisions not covered by existing bylaws by implementing the following steps:
- Declaring the implementation of the Emergency Measures Addendum (referred to from here out as the EMA) at the first monthly meeting deemed appropriate, with the declaration carrying the majority support of a quorum of the current voting members of the executive. If an in person meeting is not practical for the EMA to be voted upon, a virtual or email meeting would suffice
- Ensuring proper minutes of said meeting are taken to reflect the declaration has been enacted, voted on, and passed.
- Each decision made under the EMA will be documented in the meeting minutes, and are voted on and supported by the majority of voting members present under a quorum. Again, the meeting may take place in person or virtually (Zoom, email, or similar) as is deemed appropriate by the executive. Included in the documentation will be a brief outline supporting why the decision is being made outside the scope of the bylaws and why the action undertaken is in the best interests of the club.
- If a situation arises under the EMA that requires action being taken by the executive board that contravenes guidelines already in place in the constitution and by-laws, ie--full refunds to participants instead of guidelines set out in bylaws to participants, then again, that decision must be documented and supported, and again carried by a majority of the voting members present under a quorum.
- The EMA shall remain in effect until the mitigating factor which triggered its implementation has been resolved, or the EMA can also be lifted by a majority of voting members present under a quorum.
(accepted @ the 2020 AGM, October 28, 2020)